More Frequently Asked Questions About Our Services
Smart planning delivers an increase in retirement income when compared to an unplanned approach*.
How do your services work?
With each new client, we begin by developing a comprehensive, customized plan delivered over three strategy meetings each spaced about 2-3 weeks apart. We call this going through our Juicing® process – it is designed to help you “squeeze” more out of your money.
Your financial plan projects how well prepared you are to meet your retirement goals. A plan is necessary in order to make the appropriate investment recommendations.
Once the plan is understood, the majority of Sensible Money clients hire us for an ongoing relationship where we update the plan each year and manage investments in a way that is aligned with the plan. We call this service Juicing® Plus.
What does the plan cover?
- If you are near retirement your plan covers the items we discuss on our Time to Drink page.
- If you are farther from retirement your plan covers the items on our Filling Your Cup page.
How long does this take?
- The introductory meeting takes 1 to 2 hours depending on how many questions you have.
- If you hire us it may take you several hours to gather the data we need to prepare your plan.
- Then plan on meeting with us for 1-2 hours each over a series of three strategy meetings each spaced about 2-3 weeks apart.
Do I have to move my assets to you in order for you to work with me?
In your 2nd or 3rd strategy meeting you will have the opportunity to decide if our investment management services are a good fit for you. You are not required to move assets to us, however, our services add the most value for those with $1 million or more in financial assets who are looking for a firm to provide ongoing integrated tax, financial, retirement and investment management.
How are your services priced?
Our initial financial planning engagement is priced at $6,900. We collect a $1,200 deposit when we begin the plan. The remainder is invoiced upon completion of the plan.
Investment management and Juicing Plus services are structured as a percentage of assets. Rates are 1.25% on the first $1M. The rate goes down as asset size increases. If household accounts are $1M or greater, ongoing financial and retirement planning are included in the rate quoted for investment management.
What should I expect in the introductory meeting?
- Expect a friendly conversation! No decisions are required at this meeting.
- We explain our services, we will have questions for you, and you will have questions for us.
What should I bring to the first meeting?
- Bring questions and any data you wish to share with us.
We update and add to the questions above as needed. We have additional information on our permanent frequently asked questions page.