Our Next Free Online Retirement Planning Class – Planning for Healthcare Costs in Retirement
Posted in: Retirement Classes
Published: March 13, 2019
Our next online retirement planning class, Planning for Healthcare in Retirement, will be Thursday, May 30, 2019.
About the Class
One of the biggest expenses you face in retirement is the cost of health care. To plan for it you must understand the three primary phases of health care in retirement; the early phase for those who retire pre-age 65, the Medicare phase which begins at 65 and extends through life, and the later-life phase when long-term care expenses are likely to arise. We’ll be covering all this and more in our upcoming class.
• Retiring pre-age 65 – covering the gap
• Post-age 65 – Medicare and Part B & D
• LTC & Medicaid
• Thursday, May 30, 2019
• 5 pm AZ/6 pm Mountain/7 pm Central/ 8 pm Eastern
• Register online by clicking on: Planning for Healthcare in Retirement
Who Should Attend
• Those of you age 50-70 who are within 10 years of your desired retirement date will benefit the most from this class.
• Dana Anspach is the author of Control Your Retirement Destiny (in its second edition) and of Social Security Sense, contributes to MarketWatch, and spent eight years writing as MoneyOver55 for About.com and then TheBalance.com. She is the founder and CEO of Sensible Money. Dana is also a CFP®, RMA® and Kolbe Certified Consultant who began her financial planning career in 1995.
Retirement Classes on YouTube
Several of our prior online retirement workshops are available to watch on YouTube. Below you’ll find information and links to five of our recent classes.
1. Best Retirement Investments
Recorded August 9, 2018
In this free online class, we’re going to look at the best investments to use when investing for retirement. We’ll cover:
- Dividend-paying stocks and other high-income producing investments
- Four types of annuities – and who should buy them
- Bonds vs. bond funds, and why at times, one can perform better than the other
- Rental real estate – and what to watch out for
Once we take a look at how various retirement investments work, we’ll look at popular approaches to putting these investments together such as the total return approach using systematic withdrawals and the asset-liability approach where you invest like a pension plan.
You Will Learn:
• The pros and cons of using different types of investments
• How to make a recession-proof plan
• Why following the retirement rules of thumb can be hazardous to your wealth
• The biggest reason plans fail to work
Watch it on YouTube at: Best Retirement Investments
2. Tax Planning for Retirement
Recorded March 14, 2019
In retirement, what matters is not how much income you have; it’s how much you have available to spend. After paying taxes, if you are expecting to have $60,000 a year available to spend in retirement, and proper tax planning can increase it to $63,000 a year, that’s a meaningful increase! Research papers have begun to quantify the results that can be delivered by incorporating tax planning with investment management.
In this free online class we’ll be looking at some of that research, as well as practical examples of how to apply it in the following three situations:
• While you are still contributing to savings
• When you are taking withdrawals
• How you allocate your investments
Your class instructor, Dana Anspach, will be using examples and illustrations from Chapter 4, of the 2nd Edition of her book Control Your Retirement Destiny. Tax planning can put money in your pocket! Come learn how taxes work in retirement, and how to reduce what you’ll pay.
Watch it on YouTube at: Tax Planning for Retirement
3. How to Control Your Retirement Destiny
Recorded January 17, 2019
Amazon reviewers are calling the 2nd Edition of Control Your Retirement Destiny the best book on retirement planning they’ve ever read. You don’t want to miss this online retirement seminar, where you’ll have the ability to hear directly from the author.
You will learn:
- Why the planning is different once you’re age 50+
- The basic planning steps to take
- What Social Security mistakes to look out for
- How taxes impact you in retirement
- How to compare investment approaches
- The changing role of insurance as you near retirement
- Key things to know about company benefit plans
- The purpose of annuities
- How real estate fits into your retirement plan
- How to estimate health care costs
- Ways to boost your career asset
- Where to find quality advice
- Estate planning steps to take
Watch it on YouTube at: How to Control Your Retirement Destiny
4. How to Invest for Retirement
Recorded Thursday, November 9th, 2017
This recorded retirement class covers many different ways to invest for retirement income. For example, should you load up on dividend-paying stocks? Buy annuities that guaranteed income for life? Or maybe you should follow an allocation model and use the “100 minus age” rule.
In this investing class video you’ll learn about the four main strategies of investing for retirement, which are:
- The total return approach using systematic withdrawals
- The “income only” approach where you buy high yielding investments and live off the interest and dividends
- The guaranteed approach where you buy annuities that provide life-long cashflow
- The asset-liability approach where you invest like a pension plan by matching up investments to the future cash flows they need to produce
Watch it on YouTube at: How to Invest for Retirement
5. Retirement Planning for Women
Recorded June 7th, 2018
We find that some women can be intimidated by financial terms, so this recorded retirement class starts by covering the basics such as what is a stock, what is a bond, and how mutual funds work. It also looks at subjects pertaining to how long your money lasts in retirement and how you go about planning for withdrawals as you near that phase of life.
Some of the topics that are covered in this recording are:
- Social Security for women
- Facing retirement alone
- Ways to cover long-term care expenses
- Marriage and divorce near retirement
- Ways to guarantee your retirement income
Watch it on YouTube at: Retirement Planning for Women.
6. The Key to Retirement Success
Recorded April 19, 2018
This recorded retirement seminar looks at retirement risks that you can’t control such as longevity, market returns, inflation, and the economy – how they affect how much money you will need in retirement. Then you’ll learn how you can adjust the items that you can control, such as spending, tax management, investment risk, and your retirement date, to maintain a stable life-long standard of living regardless of other external factors.
In addition to learning about retirement risks and what you can do about them you will learn:
- The 10 worst money mistakes near-retirees make.
- Why investing the same old way doesn’t work in retirement.
- Decisions that can help protect your income well into your later years.
- Why paying attention to taxes is critical between ages 55 and 70.
- Investment strategies that protect you in a down market.
- The retirees that will be most affected by inflation.
Watch it on YouTube at: The Key to Retirement Success